Signature Purchase Protection covers Lost, Stolen, and Damaged Goods
Our purchase protection covers the Subtotal value of your order under certain circumstances as outlined below.
Orders that are covered by Signature Purchase Protection will be reimbursed in the form of a gift card to Signature Athletics.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Signature Purchase Protection does not cover this.
If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Signature Purchase Protection is not a product replacement plan. Customers who receive their product should review our Returns & Warranty policy.
- The customer needs to reach out to our Client Success team. This request may be covered under our return policy.
Too late to file
- Signature can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Signature will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Signature Purchase Protection will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Signature will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
- For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Signature Purchase Protection reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Signature Athletics is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Signature Purchase Protection will not cover issues shipped to countries that are sanctioned by the US. List available here
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Signature Athletics will automatically close the order issues.
Didn't want Signature Purchase Protection
If the customer’s package has not shipped, Signature Athletics can refund the Signature Purchase Protection premium.
- If the item has shipped, Signature is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
Lost Items Policy
Packages presumed to be lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Signature does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be referred to the retailer.
- The exception is retailers that ship perishable items (e.g. food, a mattress that cannot be reused).
Only part of the order delivered
If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Signature Purchase Protection does not cover the order issue.
If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Signature Purchase Protection will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
Signature Purchase Protection does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to the retailer. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
At our discretion, we may cover the order issue if the returned item is perishable or if the retailer is unable to reuse it.*
- Signature Purchase Protection covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
Order stuck in customs
Signature Purchase Protection cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by Signature Athletics (Signature could be low on inventory of the items, internal delays with the fulfillment center, etc.).
- Signature Purchase Protection only becomes “active” after an order ships
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion Signature may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, Signature Athletics requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Signature Purchase Protection has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Signature, Signature is requiring a police report.
- Send Signature the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, Signature can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Signature Purchase Protection as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
On orders over $100, Signature requires evidence of the police report
Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that includes an explanation that Signature Purchase Protection has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Signature, Signature is requiring a police report. Once filed, the customer sends Signature the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, Signature can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, notary, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Signature considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to Signature.
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Signature does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At our discretion, we may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Signature requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- Signature may not be able to reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Signature Purchase Protection can offer a refund instead, so that the customer may reorder their item.
Out of stock
- Signature will offer the customer a credit (in the form of a gift card), comparable product, or a refund for the item that is out of stock.